By choosing to study at Edinburgh you are investing in an education that will help you to build a successful future.
We are globally recognised for our research, development and innovation and we’ve been providing our students with world-class teaching for more than 425 years.
Consistently ranked among the top 25 universities in the world: http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2011
Edinburgh enjoys a global reputation for the quality of its research and teaching.
Joining the University as a student provides you with a unique opportunity to work with some of the most influential academics in your chosen field.
You will develop your specialist skills, deepen your understanding and gain new insights and perspectives to equip you for your career ahead.
We will support your learning by providing an educational experience designed to help you unlock your full potential.
- We are the 20th best university in the World, 5th in UK, 1st in Scotland.
- 96% of our academic departments produce world-leading research.
- 80% of students graduate with either a 1st or 2:1 degree.
- Two thirds of the world’s nationalities study here.
- Our influential alumni include: James Clerk Maxwell, Joseph Black, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, David Hume, J K Rowling, Piers Sellers, Gordon Brown and Sir Chris Hoy.
- The city of Edinburgh is home to a UNESCO world heritage site and the world’s biggest arts festival, and is regularly recognised as one of the UK’s best places to live.